Skip to main content

LEARNING SSIS

LEARNING SSIS

RESOURCES, COURSES, TRAINING AND CHEAT SHEET

1 Introduction

This document intended for learning about SSIS. Learning resources, link to document and also cheatsheet for project based on SSIS.

I don’t know where I should obtain about courses and training, maybe I need to create it myself for further use.

2 Installation

I did the installation earlier but I forgot the step. With Visual Studio 2019 installation wizard you can get SSIS. I think it also need to install some tools.

3 Learning process and resources

You need to do a lot of reading to understand this tools, and also a lot of practice. But first we need to read the documentation for microsoft web site.

I found tutorial for SSIS in microsoft websites

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/integration-services/integration-services-tutorials?view=sql-server-ver15

also on other website, this one contain so many tutorial check them out

https://www.tutorialgateway.org/ssis/

I think its better to learn from microsoft websites because its cover every basic thing, except handling error.

first try (SSIS, flat file, postgreSQL )

I did the tutorial first with flat file and postgreSQL it turn out that even if we can connect to postgre using ODBC the driver can’t detect meta data information from database. After that I try using sql rather than auto detect the table from database. It works. We can connect and get data from ODBC with sql command.

After that we move to using lookup data. I try to connect look up to postgre but it turnout only OLEDB connection being provide by SSIS so I guess we can’t use ODBC. There is using cache connection but I don’t know how to use it. So I give up there. Also there is option using free trial plugin from devart to make everything works. Since it’s not open source or free I gave up again.

This happened when I try to use ODBC and load table using preview


but it works fie if I use sql

but it’s different with ODBC destination tools, because ODBC destinantion tools didn’t have sql field to get data for mapping purpose.

I have look it up on google and also stack overflow. It have answer but I did not know how to implement it. Here is the link

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/49978007/unable-to-select-odbc-source-in-ssis-lookup

For the next trial and error I will use SQL SERVER Express that free from microsoft.

2nd try

/** work in progrees **/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JavaScript Real Time Calculation

I've been around looking for javascript that can do Real Time Calculation. javascript real time calculation, javascript real time calculation textbox. by some lucky keywords i found this code. this is exactly the code that i want. it really do the real time calculation. and it doesn't need onChange or OnBlur function. Just try it Example + = this is the javascript code <script type='text/javascript' > function startCalc(){   interval = setInterval("calc()",1); } function calc(){   one = document.autoSumForm.firstBox.value;   two = document.autoSumForm.secondBox.value;   document.autoSumForm.thirdBox.value = (one * 1) + (two * 1); } function stopCalc(){   clearInterval(interval); } </script> this is the html code <form name="autoSumForm">   <input class="right" type=text name="firstBox" value="" onFocus="startCalc();" onBlur="stopCalc();"><br>

Learning Odoo 13 Module Development and Review

USING ODOO 13 Introduction This writing supposed to be a cheat sheet for helping myself to learn about Odoo, Odoo Development and also anyone who want to read this.   Odoo already have a good documentation in their websites you can check it here https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/ What you need Odoo source you can get the source from odoo.com or github https://www.odoo.com/page/download or https://github.com/odoo/odoo. Right now I'm using the  https://www.odoo.com/page/download  . I did using the github twice so I'm already familiar with it but now i want to explore something new and maybe we will find something. Python v3.6++ (intermediate level). https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ You can learn some basic “web development with python” first if you still new at programming. Search with google. Postgresql https://www.postgresql.org/download/ I’m using win Os for development and Visual Studio Code for IDE What should you re

BlackBerry ListField Tutorial Part 2

Blackberry ListField with Clicked Row this time i create based on rtm4bb code. it used manager as TableRowManager to create the field for each row. first i create MenuListField.java