Skip to main content

Trying IBM Cloud Foundry with Go

 Pre~

So sometime ago I try to search free host for Go and found out that IBM Cloud gave free stuff on their system. I went and try but didn’t read the document too much, I’m just excited to try the GO server. I’ve been learning the buffalo framework for a while then I have to stop because got injured in my ankle and try to rehabilitate them for a few month so I can walk again.

Anyway I found free stuff from IBM then I just want to try it out. This writing is just a documentation for me and anyone who see it useful. I didn’t try to write a very detailed or well edited science stuff. This document was meant to be a small cheatsheet for future reference.


IBM CLOUD DASHBOARD

If you already registered and logged in, you should be redirected to the Dashboard. If you see the menu from image below you’ll notice there are a lot of stuff ready to be explored. Now I just need to find where I could upload my GO code into server.

Anyway I chose the Cloud Foundry just because its on the very first menu and lucky for me its said “Deploy and run your applications without managing servers or clusters with IBM Cloud Foundry” and when scroll bit further I found that it has a lot of App runtime



and if you click .go it will redirect to Create Sample App page


note: I really should save the summary because it will be used for ibm cloud CLI

after creating the Free Cloud Foundry Service we can begin to upload the code. But before we could do that I suggest to read and try the Getting Started Part from the menu and try out IBM CLOUD CLI and using the sample code as base before we try our code. As you see in image below





IBM cloud host the sample code to use in Cloud Foundry. And if you see the sample code, the structure will be very different in what you and I use if we do from the website GO itself. The module path, and other stuff that I still don’t get it but I think IBM has own setting to be used for running GO. The framework that being used is GIN.

I already create using sample code. Here is the running site https://riza-go-pilot.us-south.cf.appdomain.cloud/

below is just unfinished writing and some screenshot. There are few error and deprecated code from the Getting Started doc, but I manage to run it.

Post~

I didn't put any detail just because I had so many error and don't care about anything else but how to troubleshoot this problem. Anyway thanks

 IBM CLOUD CLI

1. ibmcloud


2. ibmcloud login, Target region, ibmcloud info

3. Error Using Target –cf


4. Installing ibmcloud cf




5. after found out what to input for empty org, space, api endpoint


6. using ibmcloud target –cf without error


7. Testing cloud foundry GO sample, and error


8. push the sample to Target, found out buildpack was deprecated



9. after few minutes its start


10. check result. And what a journey




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

JavaScript Real Time Calculation

I've been around looking for javascript that can do Real Time Calculation. javascript real time calculation, javascript real time calculation textbox. by some lucky keywords i found this code. this is exactly the code that i want. it really do the real time calculation. and it doesn't need onChange or OnBlur function. Just try it Example + = this is the javascript code <script type='text/javascript' > function startCalc(){   interval = setInterval("calc()",1); } function calc(){   one = document.autoSumForm.firstBox.value;   two = document.autoSumForm.secondBox.value;   document.autoSumForm.thirdBox.value = (one * 1) + (two * 1); } function stopCalc(){   clearInterval(interval); } </script> this is the html code <form name="autoSumForm">   <input class="right" type=text name="firstBox" value="" onFocus="startCalc();" onBlur="stopCalc();"><br>

Learning Odoo 13 Module Development and Review

USING ODOO 13 Introduction This writing supposed to be a cheat sheet for helping myself to learn about Odoo, Odoo Development and also anyone who want to read this.   Odoo already have a good documentation in their websites you can check it here https://www.odoo.com/documentation/13.0/ What you need Odoo source you can get the source from odoo.com or github https://www.odoo.com/page/download or https://github.com/odoo/odoo. Right now I'm using the  https://www.odoo.com/page/download  . I did using the github twice so I'm already familiar with it but now i want to explore something new and maybe we will find something. Python v3.6++ (intermediate level). https://www.python.org/downloads/windows/ You can learn some basic “web development with python” first if you still new at programming. Search with google. Postgresql https://www.postgresql.org/download/ I’m using win Os for development and Visual Studio Code for IDE What should you re

BlackBerry ListField Tutorial Part 2

Blackberry ListField with Clicked Row this time i create based on rtm4bb code. it used manager as TableRowManager to create the field for each row. first i create MenuListField.java